Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It started with the alphabet.... A,B,C

"I could go all the way back to middle school with A,B,C, yes I know this isn't the 1,2,3's,
but let's talk about the experience these letters gave me
 It started when I wanted to simply tell a short story, "Once upon a time"
I reflected with things I had seen on TV, nothing was for reality
Then it moved into High School years, I couldn't pass math class, but who cares
I wrote about myself, but hid the script for years
Few friends came over and I began to pull them out, next I knew I had them framed on my wall everyone told me "Girl this is your call"
I paid no attention cause I was just getting pain off my chest, writing about everything I wish I hadn't done, you know right after you thought it would be fun
Now as an I adult I know my alphabets for sure, but something kept me from writing them anymore
I was tired of the same ole poem about every heart break, about missed dates
 battered relationships, fatherless dinner plates
Yes that was me back then, so I might throw in a tear dropper every now and then
but I'm expanding my mind it flows with my soul, I write about so much more
mostly the things you feel should remain behind a closed door"
~Ebony Larijani




(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment