Friday, April 19, 2013

It's In The Eye

A friend shared this morning how something flew into his eye yesterday and he was still experiencing a pain and discomfort. He was talking about going to the Emergency Room to see what could be done. I said to him "that happened to me a while ago and I washed my eyes out every hour of the day, when it burned I didn't wipe it, I let it run, an eye can hold a lot of little things in tiny corners".

The moment I finished that sentence I smiled. Wow, I must have needed a pep talk on life. Remorseful that my friend had to go through a painful experience to allow me sight in corners I kept little things, but if only he knew it was worth it.

"Dirt filled the eye like the pain of once seen reality, experienced in the run of a stinging burn, dust in little corners, subject to rub so hard that sight can't even focus on where dust gathers, near blind and still in search for something, lid free with a blink that only occurs every few seconds, making sight blind to all illusions that fill the head in a matter of seconds, forcing a focus, or an escape on mental projected slide shows, prime target for a Birdseye shot that will take out even the highest soar, back tracking through lashes long enough to tell stories that only bare glossy sight, if only the residue could come out, teared up water flows out without control, yet there is not crying"

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment