Friday, April 5, 2013

When He speaks, He speaks

Last night was ruff for me. I rushed through cleaning because I have family coming into town. Tripped over a few things, stubbed my toe, caught an attitude. I say caught as if I didn't have an option to react like that. Why do I do that, wait until the last minute to clean, the excuse I gave myself was that if I had sufficient time my house would be clean all the time. So here I was rushing to clean, then I had to yoga (yes it is a must) then I had homework, and with it being Thursday night you already know what excitement was next. My show Scandal.

By the time all of these things had come to an end it was 11pm. I turned off my TV, put my earphones in my ears and lay my head down. I felt worried, I knew why and so I prayed about it, the thoughts didn't go away so I kept repeating "God please show your presence right now". I felt nothing, a text came through on my phone from a strange number, I had no clue who it was, then another text came through from a friend, we disagreed on some things. Then my son was coughing, allergy season has set in. Here I was tossing and turning and just trying to find some peace. I was in and out of sleep until 5am, next thing I knew my alarm clock was going off. It was a must to hit the snooze button, as I did and rolled over. Five minutes later my son came and got into the bed with me, he loves morning hugs and I do to! We lay there longer than we usually do, by the time my feet hit the floor I was in rush mode.

Once everyone was at school and I was able to read my daily "A Course In Miracle's" reading, it read this... "God is with me throughout the whole day". It goes on to tell me how no matter what I'm doing during the day, God is always in my mind because that is how he created me. The other things that fill my mind are the illusions that I create. I exhaled after reading the last sentence of my daily reading and I kept saying over and over "God is with me throughout the whole day". Next thing I knew someone was handing me an invitation. Wow! Who does that now a days, real invitations, no Evites, lol. I laughed because it brought me joy to open up the envelope. What! "The Blessing of The Lord Be Upon You" is what the front of the invitation said. Who does that now a days, it wasn't the standard you are invited greeting card. I could do nothing but smile, and of course giggle. I have noticed the more I search for God he seems to make me laugh.

Well you can imagine my day is going great now! That voice in the back is trying to change that but I'm determined and all of these signs that I call speech from God is continuing to flow in. Next I surfed over to a blog that I am on frequently. I'm sure you can imagine what it said. It talked about a time when people use to have to 'go' somewhere to pray to God. There were meeting spots or designated places where you would go to in order to give God your attention, but we now realize it is not needed. God IS everywhere, there IS no place without Him.

Today is a great day, beyond all of my negative thoughts, beyond all of the nonsense I see or hear, beyond the rush of life, GOD IS HERE, always, and that is why I know I don't have to search for His peace.

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment