Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Material Things

I think we put so much degree on material things because they are visual in sight and physical in touch, we create greed for it because others can see it, making one feel important or worth something. The feeding of it fills and it taste good for some time, be we all know too much of a good thing is not a good thing, therefore you will eventually become sick.

In broken relationships it's the first thing people go after to "get back" because of its visual/physical. We feel there is no proof in getting back what is really important and that is the trust, love and joy. The true loss that can only be found in ourselves. Let's be human for a moment though, how many of us look at ourselves when relationships end or when we are trying to grab the attention of the world. We don't, because we are too busy looking at the other person. The world that can care less about us but still we try to 'flash' for them. The ex that is ready to leave you and yet every material thing possible you try to grab, hoping that will replace any and everything that lacks within. It is human of us to do this, but it is spiritual for us to let go.

I have experienced having friends who fed off of gaining more material things than me, I have experienced ex's that wanted every material thing back from me and I have experienced being greedy of material things myself. I was so fed up, uptight and too tight.

I let it all go and the things that were able to start pouring into my life were looked upon as 'material things' to the human eye. But I knew a better word; blessings.

I want no part of a material world, I want the most simple things. The things that blind no one, I want the peaceful things that push no one away. I want persons walking by me to have spiritual sight and see blessings not material. You can not cut me, pin me, place holes in me to button me, zipper me, or sew me. I am not material, I am spiritual. Every time you see me, you will see me.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment