Friday, June 21, 2013

Our Daily Journal

I was reading Our Daily Journal this morning and it read:
So the word family connotes unity, and it also suggests a bond deeper than citizenship. It’s a relationship made possible by the blood of Christ, and it has nothing to do with how we feel about one another. It also necessitates that we put aside our prejudices, and that we should serve and care for one another, for we are God’s family.
If you are close to me then you know that I have had a struggle since childhood with family. Always feeling like the black sheep of the family. Never feeling loved or enough. In my 20's I reached out to some family members to express how I felt, but I got nothing fulfilling in return. Now in my 30's I have been on a quest or maybe it is naturally happening since I hear women find themselves when they reach 35.
Well my quest has brought about many findings and the most important one is my inner self. I have found that a woman needs only one thing and that is love. She does not always need it coming back to her if she holds it center within her. Love is my center, it is my attention, my life. I need not approve of everyone in my life, what they are doing or what they have become. I love my family, I love my friends, I love the people that make me feel uncomfortable and comfortable. I love the new people in my life and the old ones. I love my mistakes and my achievements. I love my hair, my body, my personality. I love my house, my car, the birds, the trees. I love writing, laughing, disagreeing. I love honesty and I love lies. I love pain and joy.
I don't question is something is worth loving. I don't way the options of how much I should love or when I should and shouldn't love. I love... and I tell you love is a powerful thing! When I speak the words they come out different, because the inner that these words are coming from is different.
"I never stood, until I stood in love, leaving all else blind"
(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment