Friday, July 5, 2013

A Serious Question

"If I really loved myself, what would I do"?

This was the question within my daily blog today. Don't you hate it when things come to you at a time they are needed the most? It's like an ironic thing that we love to hate, or hate to love, I haven't figured out which way to phrase it. If we loved ourselves we might actually love these moments instead of thinking "why now".

I stopped and made a list after reading this question. What would I do, that I am not currently doing? Well, my list got so long that I then had to turn to one of my books and remind myself, not to judge myself, yet be free with my emotions and/or feelings. So I did just that.

I must also tell you that I read a few verses this morning in my bible about how to cry out to God to fill my soul with his peace and love and not be filled with the worldly things. Is this why my list was so long? I didn't think so, I kept reading the daily blog and I felt much better when I read, "you can have exactly what you don't have or think you can't". Yes! I wasn't asking for too much and I knew deep down my desires were not worldly things. They were very few things, but deeply desired; good health, joy, love, peace. See, not too bad, nothing out of the norm I wouldn't think. However; there are a million things that are capable of blocking these few things and that is why it was a must that I reminded myself, "if I really loved myself, what would I do".

-------------------------------
I love me when there are tiny droplets resting on the tips of the grass, early morning rise... at the door step I sat... I love me when the sun peaks around the neighbors house and I close my eyes to be able to stare at the sun and embrace the warmth... at the door step I sat... when the wind blows and the beauty of tiny water droplets is more deep than the view of an ocean, I know the difference between details and detailed... at the door step I sat...

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment