Friday, July 19, 2013

Passion For Words

In the midst of all the online classes I'm taking, the poetry events I write for, the CD I'm making, the book I'm writing, the family, the friends and other life things. I seem to sometimes choose other things over my passion for words. Don't ask me if its out of guilt, fear or a desire to please others.  I know for a fact that I feel my best when I am surrounded by books/pens/journals/poets, yet sometimes I walk away from them. My choices vary from quiet nights alone with my pen to out socializing with family and friends or networking to promote my organization. There has to be a balance somewhere, meanwhile I am a spinning cycle always on the go, using electronics to the best of their ability to remind me of where I need to be or what I need to prepare for. This morning I came across this and it made me think.
 
Poetry Prompt

Poetry, like life, is about making decisions. Write a poem to the person you may have become had you made an important life decision differently. Remember, this version of you is also vulnerable to the whims of an indifferent universe, so you're merely making an educated guess as to your doppelgänger's outcome. Craft your poem with respect. You're writing to you
 
Out of pure respect I reach over to the phone that buzzed all night long, giggling in such a carefree way I walked out my back door to the sun light of life, the smell of air and the definition of Gods creation. A journal lay across the bench beside my hand make river and I do mean hand made for it was my hands that dug and designed. I know they are there, busy cars, punch cards, traffic lights, 9am meetings, appointments, arguments, judgements, neighbors, bystanders, etc. But I do not know what they are, for distractions do not occur in the life of a full time writer. I live to rely information through script and I read to inhale information through my mind. No one sees me, when I am in the depth of a curved letter that needs nothing but my mind to circle it into shape and create a base to the reasons I reason. I chose simplicity to its fullest, there is nothing more desired than that alone.
 
(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment