Friday, December 27, 2013

The Peace of Being this Holiday

What a spectacular time I had this holiday season, from Thanksgiving all the way through Christmas and now into the new year. How pleasant it was to "just be", I noticed so many things around me and different characteristics in family/friends. I know the lack of judgement coming from my thoughts played a huge role. I spent Thanksgiving with my father and all of my children and brothers and sisters. If you know my history then you would question where my smile came from that day.Well it came from love, that was all I had to give and in return all that was filled back. Laughter filled our table and stories tapped through the forks as if the glasses were being hit with delight. I was in bliss during a time that use to captivate me in rigid anger.
Christmas just passed and there were less people at my Grandmas house this year, due to some not being able to travel that far. It was pleasant for me though, it was an opportunity for me to sit at the adult table. I have the most children out of my siblings so usually I volunteer to sit at the kiddie table. What a delight, I forgot about the things adults talk about. My older brother encouraged me to share a story of the things that I have been doing lately and it was a great set up for lots of laughter at the table. I wanted to roll on the floor with excitement like the dog that lay under my feet, even my moms dog got to join in on the fun! My ride home was not that lonely thing that I usually dread with the kids fighting in the back seat, I had my big brother with me and what a delight we had blasting the radio playing songs that our parents once listened to. I guess we pulled out our age card. I must have cuddled with my youngest and played tons of video games once we got home until I wanted to stop but kept going. Wow, life is amazing in moments.
Here we are now approaching New Years, I spoke about this on my Internet Radio Show that I host every Wednesday and Saturday live at 9pm, if you have ever missed it please check it out, www.blogtalkradio.com/fluentmotion I spoke about how I don't make a Resolution, it is too damaging for me, it puts me in a place of constant stress on myself. To resolute to do something specific just for a new year. I can't do that to myself. Instead I take baby steps with it. I take each day at a time and therefore I am always striving to be better. I fail and I have accomplished laughing at myself or crying with myself. My mirror affirmations have taken a whole new high on my life, I love them in the morning, at work, at night, where ever, when ever.
Well, I just wanted to stop for a moment and say I hope you are enjoying your holidays, no matter where you are or what you are going through, just be...

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment