Sunday, December 8, 2013

To be 10 Again...

Last night on my blog talk radio show I read a poem titled "10 Again". We asked callers to write something about being 10yrs old again and all of the submissions were great. One thing we came to realize was...
~ I would like to think kid like when boarding a plane so that the anxiety would be removed
~ I dedicate myself to being kid-like at least once a day
~ We all have an inner child within us that wants to play
~ Don't let life become so fearful that you tuck a child within, cornered to the illusions

Here is my poem:
I removed all the rawness from my spine, one vertebra at a time, until my age aligned one plus nine, I was 10 again as if I mirrored an image on what imagination can pretend, delicate to a woman's glare, improper in heels I wiggled a bit, lipstick smeared, I'm the cutest little mess, but I'm 10 so to play like this is the joy of being a kid again, but what if at age 10 I had to be mommy, cook clean and nothing is pretend, I'm caring for siblings and I'm tired, I can't pretend, but you won't find a smile on this face if I have to clean again, my little sister looks up to me and I'm only 10...I'm 10 and this little boy has a sharp edge on his back because daddy is gone and I have to be that, I'm only 10 but I'm man or at least that's what they think of me because I'm filling in for his position, they bad mouth that real man, the one who stayed long enough to keep getting in mommy's pants, until I was the conclusion... I'm only 10 and this seems innocent but I know it only takes one time and I'm a child having a child of mine, I'm scared, I'm only 10, puberty is like a pink rose, I'm that innocent within... I'm only 10 this is supposed to be a time to let my hair wind, to lay by the seashore and be everything I can imagine, is this 10?... my the years have flown by since I blew out all of them, candles and cake, presents from friends, what a joy to be 10 as my minds rumbles through many of them...

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment