Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Find and Seek

As I began my day today, I thought of several things that I want to discover about myself. The words find and seek came to my mind and I wondered, what is the difference.

I reached over for my greatest book over these past few months, Webster's Dictionary. I looked up the two words and came to this definition.
~ Find - Discover or perceive by chance or unexpectedly
~ Seek - Attempt to find, desire to obtain or achieve

Have you ever thought about the things you have found in life, by chance. You find friends, you find money, you find jewelry, you find pennies, you find trash or you might even find old pictures. What we find is important, but what we obtain out of our findings is the true value.

Nowhere in the bible does it say find me, God continues to say "Seek Me". He is not an unexpected thing that we just happen to trip over. Sometimes we meet Him during moments of being clueless as to who He is, signifying we have tripped upon Him. Yet still after our fall upon Him; He says "Seek". 

It's time to obtain Him, desire Him, and achieve all that He can give us. Take note of your findings, but be disciplined about what you seek.

~Ebony Larijani
(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment