Friday, April 20, 2012

Photo of the Year

In February I came across this picture on Yahoo News, that the New York Times had titled "Photo of the Year"



Extremely deep photo and so I decided to script about it...

"If I held you with hate for the things you once did to me, then I would be slumped over, unable to care for you in your time of need, if I sat with you in anger for all past battles you placed on me, then I would be stuck on this ground in as much pain as you... whether you have remorse for what you did or did not do I do not know, but from pictures view either I hide my pain well with materials of black, Hijab to be exact, keeping my eyes only open to unconditional love, not proud or shamed about your need for love or your lack of strength, I am here because I am a woman, I am here because I am love, you are here because you have always felt nothing but hate and right now all you need is love"

~Ebony Larijani
(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment