Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Labels and Attachments


I need to understand why society has labeled hurt women as scorned? To better understand the meaning I looked it up in the Dictionary.

~Scorn: The feeling or belief that someone or something is worthless or despicable; contempt. (Websters Dictionary)

I then searched the Internet, Bible and many other places to define the word woman. Here are several things I found.

~ A true woman is not to be defined by style, culture, smell or personality. A true woman is a woman who wakes up every morning faced with millions of decisions and despite what the world is telling her she chooses to make the right one. She stands by what she believes, realizes what she deserves and doesn't settle for less. She is honest, and loyal, and faithful. She puts up with far more than she should. A true woman gets back up and fights for what she wants over and over again. Even though every time she's tried before, she's lost. She is understanding and patient, yet, abrasive and takes the bull by the horns. She gives respect, and expects it in return. A true woman is someone who when you look in her eyes, you can see your unborn children. You see a true woman is not defined, by culture or size or any of that, she is defined by you. Your true woman is very different than anybody else.

Now explain to me again why I, as a woman, want a label such as scorned to describe the woman I am capable of being. So many things in society seem to cause confusion, back hunches, and painful slumber. Why is this? I don't see how the two can be one; woman and scorn.

Placing such a low label on a high craft is what causes things to crack. I use the word craft because we are and were crafted by the hands of God. We will not break, being that we are a master piece from his hands, but we can crack when we attempt to follow our own ways or societies.

The two; scorn and woman are not capable of becoming anything when placed together. I pray you meditate on that fact, because several things are often put together, yet together they can never form.

With experience (by once believing that I was scorned) I am amazed by the lack of confidence that word left upon me. I cannot get upset though, because that word lived up to its definition. I however did not live up to mine by allowing it to become a part of me.

Women, nothing and no one has the power to take you out of something so glorious and label you with something so dim. You are not scorned, you are women, define yourself and be.

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment