Monday, May 6, 2013

Yellow Light

I have noticed the different forms of yellow lights that we point our fingers at in relationships, whether it be between family, friends or a significant other. We all speak or don't speak on something that we carry within, by looking without. We judge the way others do something that we don't do. I said to a family member of mine the other day. "The faults that you focus on in someones life can easily be focused on somewhere different in your own". I said that with love to be an example that perfection is non-existence and what makes one so sure that another person's problem is worth sharing and yellow flagging for fixing more than their own?

Her lips formed to share with me
the faults in her friends
the mistakes they made and still make
proud there she stood
I could not resist
I had to be the barer of bad news
the mistakes and downfalls that you share about another life
somewhere, some how fit into your own
but she did this....
before she could even finish her sentence I asked
and what have you ever done
what do you fear to do
what makes her mistakes so much more important
that you chose not to share your own
silence settle in her throat
the silence that causes you to swallow
and the thump is heard
often we need someone
something else
to find fault in

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment