Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Society pedals

I was listening to the news this morning, which I rarely do. Hearing a story about Beyonce buying her mom a very expensive home for Mother's Day and yet her sister bought her a hundred roses. Making fun of the difference in price of the gifts, I wondered how these two sisters felt. Then I brought myself to a level of reality. What had all of the listeners been taught? We need to put value on the price tag and not the thought? Is there something missing within Beyonce that she felt the need to splurge? Is there inner peace present in her sister that she was able to give less and be confident in doing that? Did their mother need a home and roses to fill it with and together they made it happen with love until society turned it into competition?
 I continue to seek the answer to my question of "when did things change and money became so rich in itself that it is capable of forcing so many lost souls to think it is everything"?

Society is truly tearing us apart and slowing us down, petal by pedal... 

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani 

No comments:

Post a Comment