Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Nightmare of a Dream.... the highlights of life

I had a dream last night, it is too personal to share, but I wrote about it in poetic and outrage form. It was amazing, I sent it to a friend who is a poet also and she replied to it with powerful words. Have you ever exhaled so many words only to turn and take them all back in, filling your mind enough to cloud any area of doubt that this was the end of pain. I feel amazing, thankful for a dream that I turned nightmare when I rose with an gasp. 
My hair was a mess today because of it, for I could not stop thinking about it as I prepared for my day. I couldn’t even look myself in the mirror without saying “stop thinking about it”. It wasn’t until I had enough of self talk that I decided to let it go and I did, we did. I see now why God places certain people in our lives at certain times. I needed my poet friend today, no one else would have created words so powerful. They hit my eyes so hard that they began to shed water, isn’t that amazing, to release water from your eyes to wash away everything that once made them cry. 
I saved it, the writings we did today. I want to take them further, maybe place them in the book that I have been writing for a year now. I love taking my time with writing, had I rushed I would have messed a very important word….. Freedom
(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment