Monday, October 28, 2013

That word...

Yes, I did it. I used a word on live radio that I knew was not correct term. It was more slang and most often slang can be the insulting version of the correct word. For instance not many Police Officers like to be called Cops.
I am sure you are waiting to hear my word, so here it goes. I can't believe I have to say it again.... Bum! Yes I used that word instead of Homeless. I did not even realize it until my sharing host said something to me during our break. I was mortified! How could I have done that, I was speaking nicely about how I helped the homeless person. I wasn't sure whether I should bring it up again and apologize, I mean we had already moved onto the rest of the show. Do I act like nothing was said, I wondered if it was muffled or clearly heard. CLEARLY heard she told me. Oh great. It has been eating me up for days, not because I used it. But because I didn't explain behind it that it is the word I use when I see a homeless person and I have dedicated myself to work on using the proper word. Because if shoes were to change feet I would want the same respect.

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment