Monday, November 19, 2012

The Heart, Not The Mind

For years I followed my mind, the very thing that has directed me to places that the heart nearly died from. I 'thought' that what it told me and where it guided me must have surely been the route that I was suppose to be on. But when I found out that I was born lead by love, yet raised to beleive the mind, so many things became mixed up.

When I tell you that I am mindful it does not indicate that I'm guided by my thoughts. It indicates that I am concious of my thoughts and do not ignore them. Have you ever had something or someone in your life that haunted you the more you ignored? Well that is what the mind will do to you if you try to ignore the truth that it is telling you. The mind does not lie so listen to it carefully and focus on it often. What it tells you whether negative or positive it holds truth, it is in its correct state at each moment.

It bothers me often when someone says "that is such a bad thing to think, don't think that". Well I'm here to rearrange that statement. I want you to think that, I want you to understand why you are thinking that and what you feel from thinking that. It may take a million negative thoughts before you realize that they are not lies, they are just human expressions that can give you a boost back to where you were born from.

You were born from love and love comes from the heart. Be mindful so you may understand why you think what you think, but always turn back to your natural state, which is of the heart and the heart holds an abondant amount of love.

I was mindful yesterday
when I felt the need to experience pain
I was careful yes, but mindful
I was weak to speak
Because of what I heard
I was taken into a sense of familiar
I was withtaken from a moment
I was mistaken, now awaken
I think I thought my heart would damage
Making path unable to be lead
I know I wondered if my mind was hearing correct
I lost sense of time, until the butterfly flew
I lost my path, until the wing appeared damaged
I thought of how silly they would sound
To tell me I had a butterfly on my head
I pictured the caterpiller it once was

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment