Monday, November 5, 2012

Notes of Notes

I bought a book today, it is full of small notes that reflect on Love and Courage. I couldn’t resist, my mind was spinning and my hand began to move as the pen sketched across the pages. Not my notebook pages, but the pages of the book. I seem to be doing that lately, writing within the pages of purchased books. I felt guilty at first, my script will keep me from being able to lend it. But something comes over me when I write right on the pages. My pen pours out ink with a different level, you know the medium, thin.

I thought of self as I read the notes and I script about self too. I wasn’t embarrassed about feelings, I let them all ride. Whether they were good/bad, past/present, nothing future for I was relating to these notes and so I had to know the experience well.

It took courage to write the notes I did about myself and it took love to be so honest. Now what will it take to lend the book anyway even though my personal notes sketch the pages.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment