Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Many Signs

"Work Truck, Do Not Follow" that is what the sign said on the truck in front of me. Here I am again, breaking down words; taking the first one - work. I thought well if you are doing work and I assume large work being that you are a truck, then why would I want to follow you anyways? Why does that word work make me think hard labor, instead of constant study.

Don't we always zoom around these big trucks who either drive to slow or are too big to see over. What am I upset for though as I zoom around them. They are doing what they were built to do, drive and with all of the weight they hold can I expect them to go any faster. So yes in my thought right now work seems bad, heavy and routine. But work can also be a constant move, doesn't have to be fast or slow, just on going.

I purposely stayed behind this truck as I thought "do not follow", follow, what do you mean follow. I am not following you, I am simply driving behind you. Where are you going that you think one wants to follow. Or do you mean "do not ride close" is that what follow defines here. Then this I can understand because too close to you and I may run into the back of you. To close to you and I may not be able to flow with the traffic, again causing a break should I need to hit my break. You may stop frequently or something may fall off your truck.

Eventually we came to a stop light and water began to roll out the back of the truck, it is brown water from all the dirt covered on this truck, but I'm not so focused on the dirt. I'm really focused on the fact that if I follow anyone, anything, then my flow through life is not free. I was filled with glee when I took note to how easily the water came out the back of the truck, slid down and dripped off the bottom to hit the ground. I meditated on the smoothness of unguided flow, nothing forced.

Are you working, are you weighed down like a truck, are you following...

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment