Monday, December 17, 2012

Play In Paradise

I have been in deep thought about the event in CT. I have been at a loss of words, I have dropped to my knees and cried, not as if, but because I too am parent of those children that died. I am friend/sister/daughter to the adults that died. I am friend/stranger/neighbor/sister to the gunman. We all are!

We all need to feel some sort of did we do enough, are we doing enough? Are we changing the world together for better? I have no hate in my heart for the young boy who took so many lives, I can not bring my heart/mind to be angry at him, because I too fell short of saving him. And with obiedent honesty I say to you, you fell short too! I want you to think back over your past weeks, in traffic did you experience road rage. In the grocery store did you stand in line in silence or where you open to communicate with those in line with you. Did you show anger to someone who got your order wrong. Did you push/shove/knock during the holiday shopping rush? Are you awakening to what I am saying? Someone needed you to be the one with the smile, the one with the kind words, because who you affect, the next affects.

What if today, what you do will affect a neighbor two doors down, and tomorrow she will have opportunity to react different in silence and sound, and she will affect two states over when the travel reaches corner to corner, and two states over will touch oceans and seas apart when another boards a plane with open heart, and when air touches land and a gentlemen shakes a hand, the affect still began with you, and here we are face to face strangers amongst the crew, and as I turn, you turn and our shoulders brush and I give you a warm welcome feeling that you lack in touch, and because you felt something so deep, we describe it as Gods sheep, just as you sit to load your gun we replay the events of the world today... can you view the flash, scenes on play, rewinding to the beginning of ones day, when cause and affect began at dusk, and the bullets could have easily been unloaded in the middle of loves trust, had the last person to see this young boy, been the first stranger who saw you today receiving unconditional love per God's request, maybe this gun mans pain could have been defeated had the devil not put him to the test, knowing we all were too busy to give/love more and be self-less...

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment