Monday, December 31, 2012

A New What

It is hard for one to make a New Year Resolution, when I make so many daily goals. What is a resolution anyways, how does it differ from goals/achievements/lessons/etc. Resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something. Isn't that a goal, which defines achievements that took lessons? So this year I can't say I have a New Year’s Resolution, simply because I do this daily. And the digit of 12 turning to 13 is no different than the calendar days of 1-31 sometimes 30 and I don't stress doubling up on a goal to balance that missing last day.

It's a New Year, soon we will have a new season and from that we will have new ages and new places will find us if we don't find them first. Everything is new; each moment is a new moment. I can't suppress my mind to think that I need to make one huge promise (resolution) to myself to stop something or start something. That is just too much for my mind to handle. So if you ask what is my New Year’s Resolution I will be proud to say I don't have one, but if you follow me through the year you will see my morning goal, mid-day goal, full moon goal, half-moon goal, sunrise goal, rain goal, seasons changing goal, etc.

You may think that is too much for the mind to handle but it actually frees my mind to know that each moment; each event in life is a new beginning and new beginning free old/common ways.
Happy New Year to you all and let earth allow you to set resolutions/goals daily.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment