Friday, December 28, 2012

What At This Moment, Is Lacking?

I once read that Zen said it is good to ask yourself this often... "What at this moment, is lacking"? I asked myself this the other day and I came up with; nothing. I couldn't think of one thing that was lacking at the moment. I thought of things that I want different or want period, but nothing was lacking. How amazing is that feeling! I gasp for air in the realization because I didn't expect this to be my own answer.
 
I now ask myself this often, just so I can get the feeling of 'nothing' again. Along with this feeling other things become so true. Less is more, to be in the moment is bliss, without this there is still that, and it is what it is. Wow, a simple question that I thought would have my pen running out of ink turned into breathe.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment