Friday, August 31, 2012

The Turning Pedals

So I have been on a biking journey, pedaling every morning within different areas of the world. It has seemed to be an adventure, a good one of course or I would not be eager to rise at 6am and soar through the morning turning pedals and sighting differences in me as well as the world. My choice of music at first was something loud and full of energy to get my feet and legs going. Then I seemed to change, I wanted relaxing music, not to get me through the ride but to keep me "IN" the ride. I didn't want this to feel like the everyday workout that you have to push yourself through. This was my morning ride and this was nice especially since I'm gaining the benefits of both mind and body enjoyment.

Yes, I was a little kid again on some days. However the unbalanced sway took me to a giggle. I can't do it like I use to, you know that hands free ride. I'm sure I can though, just not yet. But if I did it back then, by all means I can choose to do it again. I think my favorite part was the after affects. That moment you get off the bike and your legs are numb and you are walking but feel like your still riding. Or maybe it was those steep side streets that I always smiled at and thought "why not" as I turned up them, now standing up in full pedal mode reaching the top to turn around and come flying back down.

What lovely memories this bike has brought me about my childhood and what a great journey it has had me pedalling through.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment