Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Unmatched Evenly

We meet people that match us unevenly. Water/Soda, Sun/Dark, Wet/Dry, Up/Down. I use these words as differences, but what I want to reflect on is...

In reaching for the sun, one desired dark, the kisses withheld by cheek rubs, the walks that wanted to run... the book store that offered no food, the jaguar that labeled the motorcycle... the exploring of gardens, unreachable to the plastic flowers in the vase... every desire one had the other did not, each passion fulfilled areas of ones dreams, daily activities left some untouched... we match with uneven things which causes the unmatched to become even, only if we chose... lost in anger of differences, found in release of acceptance... I hate what you love (all those habits you have, all the things you like that don't match up with mine), until that is, I kept loving what you hated (all those habits I have, all the things that I like that don't match up with yours) and then I tried what you love, unmatched we balanced even... 

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment