Friday, February 15, 2013

The Day After

The day after Valentines Day...
Well how was it? Did you wake with joy, was it just another day for you, are your flowers on the floor, are they dead? Are you sick from chocolate? Did you do something different than what the average did on this day? Where you surprised? Did you feel all the bliss of love? Did laughter overcome any gift? All of these things ran through my mind this morning.

I have been doing another self change journey, I do these all the time. Sometimes I get them off the Internet, other times I create my own. This time I choose to remove my eyes from the daily world view. So I have created a month journey where I only view my own Internet pages. It sounds strange maybe, but have you ever noticed how often you 'like' a friends status, or drive and 'like' that tweet, scroll through all those Instagram pics.

With that said I have no idea what anyone else did yesterday. Maybe that's why all these questions filled my mind today? Do I want to know, I'm not sure if it matters anymore, as I am in day 3 with this Internet journey I don't seem to be missing anything. Maybe the fact that society has created Valentines Day to be this big 'love' day, I guess that's why this thought came to me this morning.

I pulled up behind a car yesterday and the license plate read "ConCed" conceited. I didn't judge, this is becoming easier for me not to judge people. Sometimes I have to remind myself and other times it flows naturally. So as I read it my first thought was to love. My next thought was tied into the Journey I created by not looking at any ones Fb/Twitter/Instagram/etc. I thought how easily my lack of that might be misinterpreted. From that thought I began to think about all of the writing I am doing in my second book and how it has my head in a Dictionary at all times. Words, definitions, words, translations, words, thesaurus, words, suggested words, other words used.

And than I just reflected on life, the way the mind thinks, how quick it moves. Just as quick as these sentences right after another are a bit all over the place, but it reflects the thoughts. Another writer might think this is too wordy or not paragraphed well. But in the end, whether it be in life or just a day, there are circles happening. Some more intense and dizzy than others and some sharp and a bit more cornered.

I'm just enjoying life and trying different things. How else will I know what works best for me?

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment