Friday, February 1, 2013

The Stranger

The stranger was a man, a strange man to me at first, this man was eager on his morning walk, where he was headed I never knew, I passed him doing at least 35mph or so, this man was waving to cars as they drove by, smiles and full of spontaneous force, up hill nothing took him off his course, this stranger flashed me back to a memory, oh wait we have met once... once upon a time, I remember back when, I was at the gas station frustrated off of what they would find, stepped out of my car to gasp air and change my mental fines, the stranger here he was again, only this time our feet were matched it wasn't my tires against his steps, I noticed his immediate comfort look, as if I was his child, friend or even old buddies on fishing hooks, he smiled and stopped just to chat, we were strangers, he made us friends, we all were strangers, the other customers in line with me, but we all became close, sharing why we were here, and all about our family, I love this moment of pure relation, love found, like we are on heavens grounds... I see this stranger every morning as he regulates his regular route, and I smile because he is morning's rise without a doubt, I long to sit with him again, connect on levels and share like friends, I want to know did pain bring him to this character he is, did he fight for our country once, does he have kids, has he ever cried, has he experienced wealth, is he married or does his passed away wife grace his shelf, he is old enough to be like a grandfather to me, I long to by this strangers side, and connect again, as his daily walk changes my morning ride...

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

1 comment: