Monday, February 11, 2013

Who Created Your Facts

Last night I talked about my experience at the VS Pink Private Shopping Spree, just briefly I wrote about it on my personal facebook page. My status was pretty long, both silly and fun. One thing I pointed out was that for the past few months I have been wearing the wrong bra size. Ladies, if you have never been measured for the correct bra size I encourage you to do so, it makes a difference in comfort.

Back to my bra size! When I mentioned that my size is actually BIGGER than I thought, I got a text from one of my female friends who shared how I am so lucky, because she is still in a SMALLER bra size. Who created her facts?!

I needed her to know that being bigger or smaller meant nothing. I needed to remind her that if someone made her think that her small breast were not worthy of something then she has been taught wrong. I needed her to know that it no longer matters to me if any part of my body is big or small, because that is what I have taught myself. I needed her to turn off her television, turn off her radio. Meditate on beauty, real beauty that comes from being herself. I needed her to do mirror affirmations. I needed her to dance in the mirror naked and comfortable. I needed her to be her.

Isn't it amazing that we never know how our status's, words, etc affect different people. I wondered who else got the wrong impression from my status? I want to tell you that being comfortable with thyself and loving thyself can be confused with being conceited if the person looking at your comfort and self love don't have it for themselves.

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

1 comment:

  1. So true. A similar effect can be heard in ones tone of voice.

    ReplyDelete