Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Beauty Of Feeling

What do you ignore? I often ignore stuff like the headache that suddenly hits. Or the uncomfortable feeling that just gets me down. But one thing I do not ignore is love. That true unconditional love that is felt. That vibrates colors in your soul, that awakes heart beats you never knew you had. That inhales air you didn't know existed and you have been weak not allowing it in. I believe simple things like leaves, wind, smiles, hugs bring this healing feeling of love. I read an article about what cuddling can do to a persons mental status, and yet I hear so many people reject touching and closeness. I read about what the words "I love you" can do to a child and yet parents don't say it ever, cause they think showing it is enough.

I was surfing the net reading the news and as I always do I skip really fast over the bad news because I just don't want to feel that sadness. I came to a picture of a baby elephant rubbing his mother as if to wake her up, it was the cutest thing as the mother lay there on the ground. I then read the caption under the picture and it said that the mother had passed away of unknown causes and this was happening frequently to elephants in that area. For some reason I wasn't thinking, "why didn't I skip over this", I was thinking "for some strange reason this is still cute". I chose that!

I felt such love, as I focused more on the baby elephant it was still cute, there wasn't sadness because of my own choice. I did not focus on death to be bad, but death to be peace; by choice. The picture was so peaceful and I felt such a strong love between the baby elephant and its mother. I felt love and it felt good, it was that feeling that I didn't want to ignore, that I want to come out, that I continue to be conscious of choosing.

Trust me it's not always easy to find this feeling but I do try hard, probably too hard sometimes because I know love is my natural state. I pass strangers and I say "I love you" to them in my mind, I smile at simple things and express my love for them because I do want to feel this.

It amazes me sometimes how simple life is because we have choices...
Chose love over all, it can bring peace to everything.

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment