Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's Not Back To Normal, It's Acceptance

This weekend I accomplished so much. I paused to look back over the weekend, as if it's that long to look back over. Compared to the week it seems so short. Just as I wrote this a friend on facebook wrote "I never get anything done on the weekend". How true is that, even though I felt so accomplished I did not do much, yet I did.

Usually Sunday nights I sit in my bed and I can feel my mind indicating that I didn't have enough weekend time, that I would now have to suffer through the week just to get to another weekend. What a large amount of wasted time if I didn't accept something different than this thought/feeling.

I can't even say how many things I get done during the week. I will give you a hint though, each week I come up with a goal, something that I promise myself to do daily for the week and I have been doing this for months and I have not failed yet on the goals set. I just didn't notice because I was too busy focused on getting passed Monday-Friday.

I don't work though, sitting in traffic is a meditation time for me, and the clouds always float perfectly for my view. I check emails with an intent that I have an opportunity to be very detailed with my reading and read fully through instead of skimming like I usually do. Typing/writing during the day is my chance to use my skills that classes are teaching me. Grammar/spelling is actually tough, using common words is not the level I desire to stay at. Lunch breaks are for rejuvenating, there is a beautiful train track near by and it always blows by, I think its cute on the days my hair blows.

Tonight I sit here feeling great! I accepted all I did this weekend with just enough time given to get done. I had a fantastic weekend. As I was sitting here reading I thought "wow, I don't feel frustrated about the upcoming week, I'm back to normal, no this isn't normal, this is acceptance" and as you see from a thought I picked up my talkative little friend (the pencil).

(c) since 2011, Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment