Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Reflection Is Different

I sat in the window for a long time today, watching the snow fall. The reflection in the window was only momentary. If the sun shined the right way or if someone walked up behind me that I could see myself. It was off and on, I didn't pay it much attention. As the day went by I moved to another part of the house and pulled out my journal, sometimes if I sit under the light in my "writing corner" of my room there is a shadow that reflects down on my journal. I have to change position to keep it or to get it to move out the way.

I move to the living room now, curious to see if these different rooms give me different things to write. The reflection in the living room came off my mini Netbook, I smiled when I saw it, my hair was so wild and all over the place. I could see each curl in the reflection, with the window behind me all that graced my background were branches. I was not in my living room, that was for sure!

What a cool experience, I'm glad I noticed all of this. It's nothing special if you don't make it. Sure we all know reflections and shadows exist, but to really see them is very liberating. I sit here typing and feel as if these branches behind me are literally here. I feel like I'm camping maybe, or just sitting in the woods writing a novel. No one else in the room is seeing this with me and they are all right here with me. That is why miracles are so delightful, we create them ourselves and others don't always realize them. Those are the best ones, when you sit with a smile on your face and joy in your heart and know the miracle is happening.

Well thank you for allowing me to share my miracle today, I hope you were able to use it as your imagination until you are moved to create one for yourself and others.

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment