Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm Not At The Fair, I'm In The Gap

The most empty place to find everything is in the gap. If you have ever practiced meditation you know where the gap is. Convinced that I wasn't good enough to get there, I think it took me longer to get there. I would squeeze my eyes tight as if the pressure would squeeze me into this space, you know "the gap". I would repeat "enter the gap, enter the gap" only to find that I could not be guided by voice. It took a while to realize that the purpose of the gap is to find everything and be free of anything. So to enter into the gap you have to enter with silence and clarity. You can not bring all of your noise into a place so at peace, it literally will not allow you in. Leave your drama, pain, worry, anxiety , frustration all outside of you for just a few moments so you may be blessed with the experience.

I can't explain what happens within the gap because there are no words. There is plenty of space though, so get there! There is room for us all.

Leaving the gap is not done in sadness, it is in great joy simply because the experience was that favourable. Coming out is like riding the slide at the fair; long yellow and full of wind that it fills your breath. You rise at the end and have this giggle of freedom as you stand up and look to the top, as if to say "wow, thank you".

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment