Monday, July 30, 2012

Time Does Not Exist

From the moment I rose today I had no concept of time, I could tell by the dim light through my window it was not time for me to get up. My TV was blasting though, I had fallin asleep with it on. I'm on an Olympics addiction. Anyhow after turning my TV off I played Joyce Meyer on my cell on YouTube. I remember looking at the length of the video but it rang no alarms to check the time. This is what I rushed through every morning trying to squeeze in my meditations or yoga. Not today though, today time did not exist. As I lay in my bed listening to Joyce Meyer I was delighted to begin refreshed. Once it ended I went about my usual, shower, getting dressed waking the kids. I think I glanced at the clock while I was ironing my clothes and I remember feeling comfortable in the moment. I did not think rush, rush. By the time I got in the car I felt like everything was running so smoothly and I had no idea how. Once I was on the road headed to work I relaxed through the constant traffic jam, I prayed for people that drove with such rage. As I got to my desk I spent all morning unaware of the time, my subconscious kept saying "look, look" but my concious knew what the need for time could do. It can make you feel like you don't have enough or there is to much. And most often you gear towards the one that doesn't work towards your favor.
I only knew it was lunch time because my coworker announced she was going to lunch. And I only knew it was my time to go because she arrived back.
I had the most peaceful day, things were getting done in a timely manner, I didn't focus on all the reasons I could think of as to why I didn't belong at the job. Nor did I focus on the amount of time I had left to be there. I even giggled at myself as I called a customer in CA, so sure he was on the same time zone, or at least it couldn't possibly be 8am as I listened to him whisper how I caught him sleeping.
What a wonderful, peaceful day I had! To leave time were it belongs, in non existence.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment