Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Missed You

"My eyes were on your mistakes,
my finger touched your bad behavior
my mouth spoke of your wrong doings
my heart ached for your pain
my arms pushed back your ignorance
I wondered how you could be whom you are
what makes you no good
was it a childhood
misunderstood
did your mother lack
what your father attacked
were your siblings in starlight view
did you stumble
I'm looking for clues
then I picked up a mirror
reflection so deep
I read my bible
I've been deceived
I missed your smile that you always have
I missed the love that you give
missed the little child whom you protected
I missed the God in you
to the stranger I brushed shoulders with
to the coworker I never witnessed
the sister, my sister
the brother, my brother
the friend, your friend
the father, my father
the mother, my mother
I missed all of human kind
because I whined
complained about
pointed at
mouthed over
arm wrestled against
I missed you, yes you
the God that lives in you"

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment