Saturday, September 22, 2012

Proverbs 31 Woman, Day 13

Her husband is respected at the city gates, where he takes his seat amongst the elders. Do make a point to approve or disapprove who you let inside your home, car, heart, mind? To be respected at the city gates means he had to prove himself in order to gain entrance into the gates. Sure we all are human and make mistakes, but I think in this time and age men have truly become worthless! I don't mean that in a harsh way. I mean us as a society continue to put men down instead of lift them up. On the flip side if us women respected ourselves more, then the worthless men would have no choice but to change themselves in order to be able to get a woman. Right now we are not being women and they are not being men. It seems to be a world full of boys and girls.

I use the word worth-less to say you are allowing yourselves to be worth less then what you were created and are capable of being. I speak into existence now that I will be the first to say gentlemen I will not receive anything less then what I was created to receive. I am allowed to say that even as a married woman because those women and girls that surround me will be influenced by me, and we have to start somewhere.

He sits amongst the elders. In the bible it talks a lot about having elders pray over you and gaining wisdom from them. So not only did he enter, but he knew where to sit.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment