Sunday, September 23, 2012

Proverbs 31 Woman, Day 14

She makes linen garments and sells them and supplies the merchants with sashes. Do you think she ever stopped using her hands? As I read through these verses I just imagine how her husband and her children looked at her. I imagine how at peace she is with herself, undisturbed by society, her friends, her enemies, her neighbors. Everything she does is for show, not to the world but for God. It's like telling Him thank you for the way He blessed her with husband, children and a working body. I still picture her so beautiful, not just because of her outer looks, but because of what she has within that she gives out.

I often wonder if women understand who we are and what God created us to be. Where are the women who find favor in submitting, honoring, obeying, giving. I wonder if we realize that the moment we truly understand and become, joy and blessings manifest.

If you are a woman struggling with pain, parenting, being a wife, being a friend, etc. Then I am here to tell you, your journey is still in season. Never will we be perfect, but joy will come once we let go of trying to please the world and only please God by being whom He created us to be.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment