Friday, September 14, 2012

Proverbs31 Woman, Day 5

She rises while it is still dark, prepares food for her family and portions for her servant girls. When does she rest is what I think as I get to each verse. This morning though I was reminded, I don't need to ask about how she was capable of all of these things, for it is not her, but God in her. So what can't she do!

I believe the morning was her quiet time, her time to pray, prepare and renew. I vision her singing soft praises to God, humming with a smile. I'm sure she peaked in on her children and smiled at them as they slept. I vision her touching her husbands hand while he slept and feeling the strength they have together.

I can smell the breakfast cooking before they rise. I imagine dinner being prepared for the night to come. Her giving nature allows her to taken portions from her family to give to others. I think this is beautiful that she has confidence in knowing God will provide enough for her family so she may give to others. How amazing her family must feel to know how blessed she is and faithful she is to God.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment