Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Basketball

I went to a basketball game once and as I entered the building the excitement on others faces was silly. They were so full of joy, the could not wait to go see their winning team. They had jerseys and key chains, and any type of item that would represent their team. Small talk filled the halls as opposing fans gave gestures and words defining why their team would win.

What confidence that is, to know nothing personally about 'your' team but what is seen on TV and be so sure that they will win. Risking on past plays, lol. I just find that funny, maybe because I'm not into football, basketball or much of any sport. I know you are thinking then why was I at the game. Well, the tickets were free and doing something different is sexy to me.

As we took our seats I felt like a kid in the candy store, I could care less who won. I was so excited to be around all of these cheering fans that I couldn't help but cheer too. Who was I cheering for I had no idea. But I was full of giggles and I was excited. See it's out of the ordinary things like this that make me wonder do we always need to know whats going on. Can't we just wander at times, into something we know nothing about and energize off of others energy?

It was the best night I ever had at a basketball game, well it was the only night at a basketball game. I haven't been back yet, but I have this urge to surf the net for tickets, or receive another free pair.

(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment