Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Writers Talk

I have a dear friend who always brings deep writing out of me. Whether it be a sincere soft poem or something rare and raw. This friend of mine writes from places I seem to not be able to find without him. I remember once he put a picture on his facebook page and I commented "wow, that would be a beautiful view to write from" and he responded "this is my view from work". My jaw dropped. I couldn't imagine what would come out of me if I were sitting in that view, then I realized how easy it was to journey to that view without even being there. I lived the views through him and I was able to relate to all of his writing and I would respond to his words with my own words. Sometimes I flipped it to feel nothing that he was feeling but using the same common words as him, or I would write as if I felt everything he felt but with my own joy/pain. I thought I would show you some of our work below, he often sends me random poems that he writes and I respond off of his words...

---------------
Determined not to see that place
No consistency ever filled that place
Only a bitter frustration
Hit with no justification
I remain determined
Fascinated with the destruction
Infested by the corruption
That place and me will never be
I'll have no more of that place for me
How easy to say such things of such places
Only ever left with stains as traces
Kind of remember that one day
The day when I said and put things that way
A never expected reply
I said yes but didn't know why
Nooo
I
when the good weighed as much as cotton
Something more then the obvious is on the rotten
Here I change patterns as easy as seeing you plotten
I'll someday be gone but not forgotten
Imaginations infested with what's being digested
Images on television
So hellish
Hellivision
The hell I vision
God and mans collision
Collided
Separated divided
Atheists and Christians
Slims and Jews
Blacks and whites
Religion and color confused
So that one day
We can all feel used
Accomplished
Yeah a hard days work
Fuck the lotion today
Giving my dick a dry jerk
Swell up my cock
Squeezing for pain
I went from serious to tugging on myself
What's wrong with my brain
Was it not enough coke
Or
To much cocaine
Caffeinated and fascinated
Does The Lord see me when I masterbate it
Does He frown
Does He turn the page
Does He read His own book
Am I wrong for writing this
Reading and reciting this
I don't belong here
They should fear my wit
My mind begins to run
It's never going to quit
Ever.......
I don't belong here
By: Brandon Hogan

--------------------
Motivated not to see that face
To many mirror images sur-faced
Only a salty evaluation
And I'm waterless drowning in frustration
I remain eager
Fascinated with numb and it's my teacher
Scared from the infestation of the itch
To return to a place of no dignity
I will have no more of this place, nope not for me
How silly to say such things of those places
Only to rise then fall with visions of those traces
Your lines and I remember the sweet way
You reminded me I didn't belong, I silenced so I agreed with what you say
I never expected cassette tapes to replay
I hear the yes, but I think I'm made to see no way
No
Eyes
Cause I can't see the good weight soft like cotton
Something unforgettable plays like slaves unforgotten
Here I changed script as easy as my sight views all rotten
I will some day be seen, no more plotten
Imaginations infested with processed foods in my digestion
Veggies on television
Farmers creating a hell of a vision
Using more than water, crop'n my life expectency
Expectavision
The aspects I vision
Spiritual and Human collision
Side swipe
In front of and too far behind
All these expectancies and religions too defined
Every day I feel mis-used
Accomplished
Another 8-5 high heels and skirts
I put on lotion these days
I remember the wet pole slide smirk
Swelled up my hands
To please his pain and then he goes home to a wedding band
I went from bad relationships to eating right
To tugging on past life
I know I lack some strings of my brain
Was it not enough weed
Is that my missing dizzy root
Or
Am I holding the only drug free sign
Fascinated
That the Lord only saw you inhale a dime
Not I, who lives so Divine
Does He frown
In my exhale of pointing the finger
Does He turn pages on me
At that moment I don't want to reflect in Vivid Mirror
Does He read any of my books
Am I wrong to ask Him to understand me
Stop confusing me
Testing me
Make life more clear for me
Cause I don't belong there, that hellavision eyes see
They will jacket lace me if I show my wit
My mind is always on a run
It never quits
Ever....
Where do we all belong
By: Ebony Larijani

All work (c) since 2011, Ebony Larijani


 

No comments:

Post a Comment