Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Delight Of A Child

If you do not have children then please spend time around them. I can not explain how amazing it feels to fully emerge yourself into a child's mind. I know parenting can be stressful at times, no matter if you are a single parent or parenting together. With all the stress there is for sure more delight than anything.

It snowed the other day, and to see the amazement on my 5yr old face because he can not understand how this white, soft, cold stuff is falling from the sky was so beautiful. He may not know where it is coming from, but he does know "God is making it snow mommy". "Yes" I said to him as I smiled and felt so warm inside. I mean I had to stop for a moment, because it was not about the white stuff for me, it was about the fact that he didn't understand where it was coming from, but he knew who could do amazing things like this. As he gets older I pray he will fear not because he has the foundation at a young age that God does amazing things.

It didn't stop there! The next talk we had about snow I fully engaged myself into his mind, the delight of things being so innocent and unsure but amazing. I drove him from our house to the school which is a matter of 5mins. As we got out the car he said "Oh my gosh, it snowed at my school too". I couldn't help but to fully emerge myself into this shocking fact. What! Are you serious it snowed here to! I looked down at all the snow that surrounded the school and just smiled. We thought it was the most exciting thing to see, and that it was.

Isn't a child's energy delightful. I could have ignored him or spoke to him from an adults mind of "of course it snowed here, 3 miles from our house, heck it even snowed near my job". But I didn't want to do that to him, nor did I want to miss out on this joyful feeling.

(c) since 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment