Thursday, January 3, 2013

Walking On Stilts


It's time for me to get off these stilts, paralyzed in trying to balance perfection, I haven't moved yet an inch, captivated in the shivered steps, I haven't budged much, I said a curse word today, am I doomed, I wiggled a bit on my stilts, I walked so silently into work, well my heels were clicking, I didn't want to be seen though, that's the introvert on stilts, who am I kidding, they can see me up here, but if I don't say a word am I cursed, I can't be, I said I cursed, is it safe to let loose up here, do they think I have my nose in the air, what's it to me what they think of me, I could appear tall with wisdom, or class clown who's to say, I know I just took a step on my stilt, I almost fell, I said another curse word, am I doomed, maybe cursed, is it possible to run from up here, I've seen giraffes take off full force, my neck isn't long though so I can't do that, but I'm going to because I don't want to, but only once I stand here for a moment, damn it, I'm doing that perfection thing again, I cursed, no I didn't I truly meant damn it, I was talking to the beavers, instructing them to damn it, that river of fear between here and there, I don't talk to beavers, but I might as well, I giggle at falling leaves and have a close relationship with the moon, I wonder if I can touch the moon from here, I'm tall but that's a huge stretch, I know, I'm not that gifted or perfect to stretch like that, but I will reach any way, if I tell you that was a hard shift, will you think I cursed and said this ________ is too hard, why do I keep using these curse words, doomed again, I guess I sinned, perfection is out the door now, this life thing is so hard, these stilts are like happiness guards, they keep me up here and test me to fall down there, all this walking sure did lower me some, I think I'm mid-level dumb, is that a curse word or just a selfish insult to self, I'm not dumb look at me my stilts are wearing down, must be all this walking around, life is different down here, I actually see straps, what I could have took these things off long ago, whoa is that not in the history of "the things I didn't know", if I cursed right now I swear it would be out of joy, swear; did I swear is that unperfected of me, I swear this life is hard judging everything I do to this degree...
(c) 2011 Ebony Larijani

No comments:

Post a Comment